CK Industries CK-06 Aries

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

CK Industries CK-06 Aries

Postby Cake » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:46 pm

CK Industries proudly presents the

CK-06 ARIES ASSAULT FRAME

This is the culmination of many months of research, development, and recruitement of replacement test pilots

The Aries has been developed as cheap to purchase, cheap to maintain assault frame for providing a variety of functions within a contested zone. It is built with flexibility in mind and can be fitted with many after market parts, it is also offered with one of two forms of locomotion; quadrapedal and bipedal
The quadraped is designated the CK-06a Aries Stalker
The bided is designated the CK-06b Aries Strider
ImageCK-06 Aries Stalker and Strider

The CK-06a Aries Stalker was developed first, with a view to providing a mobile, yet stable weapons platform. Despite its apparently short legs compared to an Ijad Scrambler, the Aries Stalker is capable of surmounting almost any surface. Just ask our neighbours in the office block across the road...

Close ups of the CK-06a Aries Stalker. The images show a fairly basic dual direct-range setup with additional comms array:
ImageCK-06a Aries Stalker 1
ImageCK-06a Aries Stalker 2

The CK-06b Aries Strider was developed second, to offer an option to those pilots used to bipedal frames, and also because we found that the Stalker is a bit big for some environments... Regardless, the Aries Strider is fully capable of performing the tasks one would expect of a combat-fitted Chub.

Close ups of the CK-06b Aries Strider. Images show the Lancer configuration fitted with an off-the-shelf SSR launch system.
ImageCK-06b Aries Strider 1
ImageCK-06b Aries Strider 2

For more information on how to get your new CK-06 Aries Assault Frame, contact your local CK Industries Sales Representative now.

---------------------
Fluff aside, I put these two together whilst trying to come up with a relatively small (the Strider is nearly a brick shorter than my custom Chub) frame that also isn't full of articulation (I keep wanting to have everything articulated).
The Stalker was probably one of the quickest builds I've done. The Strider has taken months to come up with decent legs. The ones it has now are inspired by the legs on HyveMynd's unnamed biped frame.

They're both fairly sturdy, and the Strider is also quite stable - I have one in the brick in a similar pose as the image above, it only falls over if I accidentally hit it when trying to use my PC (I have LEGO all over my desk :D ).
Rooftop Racing Rules (Version 0.5.0) Version 0.5.1 coming soon, with some tweaks and bits that I missed in 0.5.0.

CK Industries
CK-01 Hephaestus
CK-02 Artemis
Prototype Frames
CK-06 Aries
Cake
Talkative

Re: CK Industries CK-06 Aries

Postby HyveMynd » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:23 pm

Those are some nice frames. They look like they'd be 4p scale to me.
@HyveMynd on Twitter

Philly Expat in Japan | audio editor by day RPG creator by night | Monsterhearts fan | LEGO builder | Netrunner player | she/her
HyveMynd
Talkative

Postby Cake » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:21 am

HyveMynd wrote:Those are some nice frames. They look like they'd be 4p scale to me.

Cheers!
That would probably be a better scale for them, they would (like the Squidges) be very tight to fit someone in at 7p!
Rooftop Racing Rules (Version 0.5.0) Version 0.5.1 coming soon, with some tweaks and bits that I missed in 0.5.0.

CK Industries
CK-01 Hephaestus
CK-02 Artemis
Prototype Frames
CK-06 Aries
Cake
Talkative

Postby Blorf » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:36 am

I really like all these small quads that have been showing up lately. I may have to develop a few of my own. Quads are great game pieces since there's never any worry about falling over regardless of the pose, loadout, or table surface.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Cake » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:44 am

Presenting the newly modified, to allow people to pilot them in greater comfort (this would explain why we went through so many test pilots...):

The Stalker's legs have been lengthened to help accommodate the increased cab size (though the original sized legs can still be ordered for those who prefer them).

For more information on how to get your new large size CK-06 Aries Assault Frame, contact your local CK Industries Sales Representative now.

Small size CK-06 Aries Assault Frames will continue to be sold, for those with a tighter budget.
---------------------
Slightly modified the torso to make it seem more likely that a 7p human could fit into the cab of these, after HyveMynd mentioned that they looked more 4p than 7p. I had to up-scale the Strider's legs as the original ones seemed a bit too short.

Have also just realised that the image was taken without the brick border highlighting... Never mind :)

CK Industries
CK-01 Hephaestus
CK-02 Artemis
Prototype Frames
CK-06 Aries
Cake
Talkative

Postby Jay Biquadrate » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:29 pm

Could we get more angles on the larger cockpit frames? I really like the evolution that you have going here and I'd like to a take a closer look.
Jay Biquadrate
Talkative

Postby Cake » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:35 am

Jay Biquadrate wrote:Could we get more angles on the larger cockpit frames? I really like the evolution that you have going here and I'd like to a take a closer look.

Certainly, it'll be this evening (UK time, we're about 5 hours ahead of the MF0 forum clock) before I can do it though. :)

CK Industries
CK-01 Hephaestus
CK-02 Artemis
Prototype Frames
CK-06 Aries
Cake
Talkative

Postby Cake » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:30 pm

Here's a somewhat cluttered view of the rear of the improved CK-06:

And to make it really obvious, I've got a couple of shots of the torso breakdown:
Front
Rear

The only thing missing is the two 1x1 Flat Tiles I'd added to the completed units. These aren't neccesary, just something I'd added when I put them together in mecabricks

Hope that's of some use :)

CK Industries
CK-01 Hephaestus
CK-02 Artemis
Prototype Frames
CK-06 Aries
Cake
Talkative

Postby Jay Biquadrate » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:59 pm

This is great. Thank you so much.

This is a really nice, compact core. It looks very useful as the base for a standard, mass-production-type frame.
Jay Biquadrate
Talkative

Postby Cake » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:17 pm

Jay Biquadrate wrote:This is great. Thank you so much.

This is a really nice, compact core. It looks very useful as the base for a standard, mass-production-type frame.

Thank you, glad I could help. :D

I've been thinking about giving the Strider arms, though I've not come up with any designs yet...

CK Industries
CK-01 Hephaestus
CK-02 Artemis
Prototype Frames
CK-06 Aries
Cake
Talkative

Postby The Hydromancer » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:33 pm

Can I just say, I love the Picard pilot.

"Ready to launch Riker's Raiders Captain."

"Make it so!"
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
Wears down the cliff tops, the mountains.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_hydromancer/
Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Cake » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:39 am

The Hydromancer wrote:Can I just say, I love the Picard pilot.

"Ready to launch Riker's Raiders Captain."

"Make it so!"

That was completely unintentional, I just picked some random colours that contrasted well with the frames. But I can totally see it (and now I always will). :D

I now have to make Riker's Raiders, though I might need more white/light grey in the mix, with red and blue trans pieces...

CK Industries
CK-01 Hephaestus
CK-02 Artemis
Prototype Frames
CK-06 Aries
Cake
Talkative

Return to Frame Designs