[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - CK Industries Prototype Frames

CK Industries Prototype Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

CK Industries Prototype Frames

Postby Cake » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:04 am

Version 0.5.1 coming soon, with some tweaks and bits that I missed in 0.5.0.

CK Industries

Cake
Talkative

Re: CK Industries Prototype Frames

Postby Blorf » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:18 am

Blorf
Mod Team

Postby HyveMynd » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:43 pm

Yeah, I love the Squidge. :D

The Zeus looks good, but to be honest the exposed ends of the Ts for the shoulders and hips are bugging me. What would it look like with a brick sandwiched between two v-clips instead of the clip tile?
@HyveMynd basically everywhere

Philly Expat in Japan | audio editor by day RPG creator by night | Monsterhearts fan | LEGO builder | Netrunner player | she/her
HyveMynd
Talkative

Postby XGundam05 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:37 am

Squidge = squee! And I'm not typically the "squee" sort ;)

For the exposed ends on the Ts, you could add a small technic bushing, or you could attach some sort of shoulder/joint "housing" to it.
- "I will not die here / I still have too much to do / And too much ammo" ~ Zer0
XGundam05
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Cake » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:20 am

CK Industries

Cake
Talkative

Postby Atavism » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:43 am

The little lightsaber squidge is the best!
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Blorf » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:01 am

You're just two Squidges short of a Trundleball team.

I like your Thing that Needs Defending. It's a very defense-worthy thing.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Cake » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:12 am

CK Industries

Cake
Talkative

Postby Blorf » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:35 am

Blorf
Mod Team

Postby FragsturBait » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:24 pm

FragsturBait
Talkative

Postby Blorf » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:56 pm

I got a game in last night where my opponent hid behind a 15-brick-tall tower. I brought down the whole thing trying to get at him with arty while my ground forces closed. It was excellent! But it also provided a huge advantage to him as defender and may have been the deciding factor in my inability to take the lead. If your battlefield were almost all nearly indestructible cover like this, you should expect a lot of defensive wins.

He also put his station on top of it so we had to improvise. Or solution was to take it off, break the cover, then put it back in the same place—mid-air—and let it lay where it fell.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Cake » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:54 pm

CK Industries

Cake
Talkative

Postby Blorf » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:53 pm

That's a nifty double-bracket to bulk out the legs and get a stud reversal.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Cake » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:29 pm

CK Industries

Cake
Talkative

Postby Cake » Thu May 21, 2015 9:09 am

Customer feedback is always the best...

Here at CK Industries we've been developing the CK-S1 Squidge to meet with out test pilot's recommendations and have encountered a problem: head room in the CK-S1 for the pilot is somewhat limited, to the point that jumping, walking, turning, firing weapons, swinging the frames arms, etc. all cause the pilots head to encounter the top of the cab, usually at speed. Our test pilot is a good 3" shorter than he used to be...

We have come up with several solutions, but we don't know which one is the best so we come to you, our wonderful customers, in the hope you can decide the problem once and for all.

Here's an image of the various prototypes:

Front centre is the original prototype
Front left is the "Tallboy" configuration
Front right and the two rear CK-S1s all share the same body type but have different heads (no official configuration designation yet)

----
I turned my Artemis Frames into more of these, and then got playing around with my bits box. The Tallboy is one of the more amusing setups I've come up with. I'm not 100% sure which way I'd like to take these, so I thought I'd ask you wonderful people for your input - it's greatly appreciated :)

CK Industries

Cake
Talkative

Postby gergeryD » Thu May 21, 2015 9:17 am

i definitly love it ! your design is just very cool , and the little frame are just cute :3 i will maybe use this design for my second compagnie
- Whut ? you'v got nothing for'me boy's ?
- not boss's ! the ijad hav'e all'the gun'z !

this is a typical ork's conversation , when ijad stole their weapon
gergeryD
Young Gun

Postby Mantisking » Thu May 21, 2015 9:43 am

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Cake » Thu May 21, 2015 10:00 am

CK Industries

Cake
Talkative

Postby Cake » Thu May 21, 2015 2:10 pm

CK Industries

Cake
Talkative

Postby gergeryD » Thu May 21, 2015 2:27 pm

oki , and i really want that you give the permission to use your frame concept , for the my campaign background , ill send you a mail ( the mail of the forum ) with more detail ;)
- Whut ? you'v got nothing for'me boy's ?
- not boss's ! the ijad hav'e all'the gun'z !

this is a typical ork's conversation , when ijad stole their weapon
gergeryD
Young Gun

Next

Return to Frame Designs