TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame

Postby sBritcher » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:15 am

Britcher Industrials is proud to announce the TRUNDLE compact Labor Frame. A marvel in space-saving engineering, a TRUNDLE is shipped to you in it's own body-shell.

It is so simple to assemble and pilot that can be operated and maintained by even the most incompetent of crews. Just ask the folks over at Twanks LLC.


Image

"When you need a Frame but can't spend a bundle, trust the TRUNDLE!"
sBritcher
Chatty
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Re: TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame

Postby sBritcher » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:16 am

According to our focus groups, the best part of the TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame © ™ is that it is cheaper than scrap metal, making it a very attractive solution to colonists who need an inexpensive solution to their needs. Also, according to the boys down in the Legal Department, "Britcher Industrials is not liable for injuries sustained due to after-market parts that might improove the combat effectiveness of the TRUNDLE" and that such changes to the TRUNDLE's build void the warranty.
sBritcher
Chatty
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Re: TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame

Postby sBritcher » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:16 am

Britcher Industrials in no way encourages exasperated colonists to modify their TRUNDLEs into Twank-spankers. Even though you totally could. Or so I've been told.
sBritcher
Chatty
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Re: TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame

Postby Atavism » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:17 am

*crunch*
"Aw dag. Guy's, I'm down."
"What, again?"
"Yeah."
*sigh* "Alright. Ricky, you're on watch. Jer, bail. You and me'll get the chains hooked up."

---

"See man, it's not my fault. You tripped on one of these two blocks ago."
"Man, how many of these things are there?"
"I couldn't even guess..."
"Hey, did you hear that?"
"No."
"Hey now, hold on..."
*quiet pained groan*
"There's someone in there!"
"What the hutching...? Is that a frame? Have we been tripping over frames all day long!"
"Screw the tow! Ricky, get down here and fetch up some branches from that tree, yonder. Gonna get this guy peeled out of his hurdy-gurdy and tell him what we think about these little twank traps."
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
User avatar
Atavism
Mod Team
 
Posts: 1080
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:35 am

Re: TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame

Postby Blorf » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:44 am

Introducing this season's hot new sport: trundleball!

Grab 5 friends and your inertial accelerator beams, then bring your trundles on down to the arena! The team which can send more of their opponents rolling into the goal is the winner!

Trundleball: where you're both the player... AND the ball!
Mild or extreme discomfort, dizziness, vertigo, nausea, or injury may occur from sudden violent acceleration and strong rotational g-forces. Play at your own risk.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
User avatar
Blorf
Mod Team
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:48 pm
Location: I stand with Twankus

Re: TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame

Postby Cake » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:01 am

Blorf wrote:Introducing this season's hot new sport: trundleball!

Grab 5 friends and your inertial accelerator beams, then bring your trundles on down to the arena! The team which can send more of their opponents rolling into the goal is the winner!

Trundleball: where you're both the player... AND the ball!
Mild or extreme discomfort, dizziness, vertigo, nausea, or injury may occur from sudden violent acceleration and strong rotational g-forces. Play at your own risk.


This sounds like an AWESOME game...



that other people can play while I watch...
:D
Rooftop Racing Rules (Version 0.5.0) Version 0.5.1 coming soon, with some tweaks and bits that I missed in 0.5.0.

CK Industries
CK-01 Hephaestus
CK-02 Artemis
Prototype Frames
CK-06 Aries
User avatar
Cake
Talkative
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:03 am
Location: North East England

Re: TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame

Postby spacemonkey » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:45 am

A very simple but cute little frame; reminds me a bit of the Pokemon Golem. :P
User avatar
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:48 am
Location: Sioux City, IA

Re: TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame

Postby CmdrRook » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:53 am

Atavism wrote:*crunch*
"Aw dag. Guy's, I'm down."
"What, again?"
"Yeah."
*sigh* "Alright. Ricky, you're on watch. Jer, bail. You and me'll get the chains hooked up."

---

"See man, it's not my fault. You tripped on one of these two blocks ago."
"Man, how many of these things are there?"
"I couldn't even guess..."
"Hey, did you hear that?"
"No."
"Hey now, hold on..."
*quiet pained groan*
"There's someone in there!"
"What the hutching...? Is that a frame? Have we been tripping over frames all day long!"
"Screw the tow! Ricky, get down here and fetch up some branches from that tree, yonder. Gonna get this guy peeled out of his hurdy-gurdy and tell him what we think about these little twank traps."


I laughed for far too long. Far too long.
User avatar
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:15 pm
Location: Western MA, USA

Re: TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame

Postby sBritcher » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:54 pm

Cake wrote:
Blorf wrote:Introducing this season's hot new sport: trundleball!

Grab 5 friends and your inertial accelerator beams, then bring your trundles on down to the arena! The team which can send more of their opponents rolling into the goal is the winner!

Trundleball: where you're both the player... AND the ball!
Mild or extreme discomfort, dizziness, vertigo, nausea, or injury may occur from sudden violent acceleration and strong rotational g-forces. Play at your own risk.


This sounds like an AWESOME game...



that other people can play while I watch...
:D


Agreed. Would totally watch that!

Atavism wrote:*crunch*
"Aw dag. Guy's, I'm down."
"What, again?"
"Yeah."
*sigh* "Alright. Ricky, you're on watch. Jer, bail. You and me'll get the chains hooked up."

---

"See man, it's not my fault. You tripped on one of these two blocks ago."
"Man, how many of these things are there?"
"I couldn't even guess..."
"Hey, did you hear that?"
"No."
"Hey now, hold on..."
*quiet pained groan*
"There's someone in there!"
"What the hutching...? Is that a frame? Have we been tripping over frames all day long!"
"Screw the tow! Ricky, get down here and fetch up some branches from that tree, yonder. Gonna get this guy peeled out of his hurdy-gurdy and tell him what we think about these little twank traps."


XD

Love it!
sBritcher
Chatty
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Re: TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame

Postby sBritcher » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:56 pm

We are pleased to announce that the TRUNDLE is now available in a variety of colors. You can choose from Classic Tan, Beige, Sand, Wheat, or Ecru.

TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame from Britcher Industrials. Just because you're on a budget doesn't mean you have to sacrifice style.
sBritcher
Chatty
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Re: TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame

Postby FragsturBait » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:31 am

Seriously though I might build a TRUNDLEBALL Arena. I've been looking for an excuse to stock up on quarter pipes anyway.
FragsturBait
Talkative
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:10 pm

Re: TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame

Postby sBritcher » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:02 am

According to customer feedback, the TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame works as an anti-Twank mine when loaded down with several kilos of mining explosives. The Trundle is then glommed en-mass to the legs of the enemy frame and pilots bail out before the explosives detonate.

Image


In other news, Britcher Industrial is pleased to announce an optional Remote Control system for the TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame. Contact your sales representative today for more information.
sBritcher
Chatty
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Re: TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame

Postby Atavism » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:50 pm

sBritcher wrote:According to customer feedback, the TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame works as an anti-Twank mine when loaded down with several kilos of mining explosives. The Trundle is then glommed en-mass to the legs of the enemy frame and pilots bail out before the explosives detonate.

Image


In other news, Britcher Industrial is pleased to announce an optional Remote Control system for the TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame. Contact your sales representative today for more information.


Ooh. That's a clever way to turn the situation around! Wonder what this new development holds for the furture of Trundleball? Anyway, Rebuttal!
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
User avatar
Atavism
Mod Team
 
Posts: 1080
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:35 am

Re: TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame

Postby Blorf » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:20 pm

Atavism wrote:Wonder what this new development holds for the furture of Trundleball?

Explosive frame detonation draws a penalty, because a team must keep a minimum number of players in the arena during play. (You're at an advantage with fewer frames since there is less of your team to score with.)

As with other sports, drone control is allowed on a league by league basis.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
User avatar
Blorf
Mod Team
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:48 pm
Location: I stand with Twankus

Re: TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame

Postby sBritcher » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:12 pm

Due to a rise is complaints from our customers regarding "high velocity rock slides", Britcher Industrial has released plasteel safety plating to ensure the wellbeing of TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame operators.

Image
sBritcher
Chatty
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Re: TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame

Postby Blorf » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:45 am

I can't really explain it, but somehow this happened.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
User avatar
Blorf
Mod Team
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:48 pm
Location: I stand with Twankus

Re: TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame

Postby Atavism » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:30 pm

Blorf wrote:
Atavism wrote:Wonder what this new development holds for the furture of Trundleball?

Explosive frame detonation draws a penalty, because a team must keep a minimum number of players in the arena during play. (You're at an advantage with fewer frames since there is less of your team to score with.)

As with other sports, drone control is allowed on a league by league basis.


Man, screw this lame sport and it game ruining penalties! I propose we begin a new "X-TRUNDLE" league that encourages Trundleball players to take the ultimate one for the team by detonating themselves, both denying the enemy a chance to score and sweeping their TRUNDLEs into scoring position with the blast wave!
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
User avatar
Atavism
Mod Team
 
Posts: 1080
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:35 am

Re: TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame

Postby Blorf » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:24 pm

Atavism wrote:Man, screw this lame sport and it game ruining penalties! I propose we begin a new "X-TRUNDLE" league that encourages Trundleball players to take the ultimate one for the team by detonating themselves, both denying the enemy a chance to score and sweeping their TRUNDLEs into scoring position with the blast wave!


The Highland league tried that back in SC0238. It wasn't very popular with the player's guild.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
User avatar
Blorf
Mod Team
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:48 pm
Location: I stand with Twankus

Re: TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame

Postby Luke_BMM » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:57 pm

As I considered making a second Trundeball team, I realized I was pretty much out of inverted brackets. So, while not nearly as sharp, I thought I'd share an alternate build which may work for some people (like yours truly) who have specifically been buying parts for MF0 and may not have a ton of brackets on hand.

Image

LDD (both a stock Trundle, some gear, some Trundleball goals, and backup "All outta brackets" equivalents) attached. I've got a full team of each sitting on my desk and they're reasonably comparable.
Attachments
trundleball.lxf
Standard and alternate build, the latter using a travis brick and some headlights to fake the body shape.
(17.37 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Luke_BMM
Been Around The Block
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:37 am

Re: TRUNDLE Compact Labor Frame

Postby Blorf » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:43 pm

As far as Trundleball is concerned, any small round-ish frame is fine. There should be a bunch of ways to make them. (Ideally it should also have an acceptable amount of both cute and ridiculous.)
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
User avatar
Blorf
Mod Team
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:48 pm
Location: I stand with Twankus

Next

Return to Frame Designs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests