Single Set Challenge: 41524, 41525, 41526

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Single Set Challenge: 41524, 41525, 41526

Postby darksyntax » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:38 pm

My Single Set Challenge builds from the Wiztastics, the third tribe from Series3 Mixels.

Left to right:
MFZ-41524 "Mesmo" aka "Ravelin"
d6W d6W d6Ra d6Ra d6Y
MFZ-41525 "Magnifo" aka "Rampart"
d6W d6W d6Rd d6Rd d6B d6G
MFZ-41526 "Wizwuz" aka "Tenaille" (and mini station)
d6W d6W d6Rd d6Rd d6G d6B d6Y d8Rr d8Rr

Thoughts:
- Wow, with these three SSC's it brings my total unique SSC frame count to 57. That's a big number.
- 41524 was really hard to work with. There are a good amount of clips, but not much in the way of ball joints. I struggled with making something from this for a while and finally settled on the thigh design, from there the body sort of fell into place. This is my least favorite of the Wiztastics.
- I fully expected to use the trans-purple bars of 41525 for something, but the arms/legs and gun came together rather easily so there wasn't anywhere to use them. The body on 41525 took much longer to finalize; I couldn't get a shape I liked for the longest time. I settle on this.
- 41526 is a great set for making quads what with the octagonal bar plate and lots of clips. I tried to stay as close to a Scrambler shape as I could with my build, but there are lots of possibilities with the set.
- Not a lot of parts for making stations from these sets after building a frame, but I did manage a 4x4 base and mini station from 41526. Although it's small, I like the look of it.
- As per usual, the Nixel set is better than the other two of the tribe for added MFZ-parts. The Nixel set of any particular tribe also tends to be the set with the highest parts count, however it's actually the lowest for the Wiztastics tribe sets.
- While none of these frames strike me as having a life outside a SSC or as starter frames, they all are quite serviceable.

C&C solicited as always!
darksyntax
Mod Team

Re: Single Set Challenge: 41524, 41525, 41526

Postby Lorc » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:56 pm

I'm impressed that you managed to build a held rifle in a mixel SSC, so Rampart wins vote for niftiest design. He even looks cool from the back with the nice curved shapes.

I'm a big fan of Wizwuz so it's cool to see yet another fine design from that kit. Tenaille's head is a particularly cool trick. With the dorsal cannon and elevated back legs, it reminds me a lot of a Cybran Monkeylord. Or maybe a Covenant Scarab? Was that intentional?
Lorc
Talkative

Re: Single Set Challenge: 41524, 41525, 41526

Postby the_norwegian_dalek » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:36 am

I have been thinking for a while that the wiztastics mixel tribe have a lot of potential but everywhere I go to buy lego doesn't have them :cry:
utrydde, utrydde
the_norwegian_dalek
Young Gun

Return to Frame Designs