Nidhogg

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Nidhogg

Postby gusindor » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:17 pm

After the Valkerie and the Jotun I took on the Crocodile Legend Beast next. I have plans to do the Lion and Gorilla eventually.

ImageImageImage

I knew right away I wouldn't get a humanoid frame out of this. Maybe someone else can, but I can't. But I was determined to make something usable for MFZ, so I made a kaiju!

It has d6W d6W for being a thing,
d6B for thick scaly skin (silver spikes on legs)
d6G for the solar power absorbed through its leaves (dark green tooth plates)
d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh for the giant jaws of death,
and d8G for having no ranged weapons.

The Nidhogg (Latin name Semper Esurit, Ijad name Muzg Nofulla) is a large creature that mixes traits of plant and animal. During the day, they sleep, absorbing light from the sun through photosynthetic organs in their legs. At night, they hunt, using the stored sunlight to power their lightning-fast lunges and crushing bites. Though colonists are understandably frightened by the massive toothy maw, a lone human or ijad is rarely enough to attract their attention, and they seem to understand that mobile frames are not food. If a settlement gives off enough light and has a strong supply of water, a Nidhogg may make it their home, becoming a powerful but uncontrollable guardian for the people living there. Because of their plant-like biology, ijad are unable to link to them.

This particular specimen has been living in the city of Blue Crater on Nifhel for generations. Dubbed "Old Lefty" by the locals, it is the only known case where a Nidhogg has grown close enough to its human neighbors that it allowed scientists to implant prosthetics for its various injuries.
Last edited by gusindor on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always bring a speech to a gunfight.
gusindor
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Re: Nidhogg

Postby Mantisking » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:47 pm

This looks pretty interesting. I like the giant jaws of death.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby strikethrough » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:46 pm

Love the sideways opening jaws. Great feature there. I also noticed it looks like it should have 4 eyes, but one of them looks all gouged out (The blue transparent). Blue blood? Cybernetic implant from the scientists? Nice little details give it a good amount of character. Well done sir!
STRIKETHROUGH

Delivery!
*Ka-Chunk* *Ka-Chunk*
*BOOM*
strikethrough
Newcomer

Postby Atavism » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:21 am

Wow, that thing is crazy wicked looking. Great job!
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby soriansj » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:35 am

I like this guy! Great job!
"Fear not the Defigo Hound that has picked up your scent. Fear the Master coming right behind it.
soriansj
Grizzled Veteran

Postby A YATES INDUSTRIALS » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:00 pm

this is sick... I like the legs
o)-<|:
A YATES INDUSTRIALS
Grizzled Veteran

Postby gusindor » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:12 pm

Thanks guys!

strikethrough wrote:I also noticed it looks like it should have 4 eyes, but one of them looks all gouged out (The blue transparent). Blue blood? Cybernetic implant from the scientists?

Yep, the blue eye, silver fang, and handlebar on the ankle are all meant as implants. For my Legend Beast SSCs, I use every piece except the minifig and their accessories. Because of extra parts, this lead to asymetry that didn't make sense for a wholly organic kaiju. So, cyborg!
gusindor

Postby Red_Robot » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:05 pm

This is some great alien fauna. And not only does it look suitably alien, but I like that in the backstory you made them incomparable with Ijad physiology. Nice job.
When the Weepers first came through the gate, we didn't know why. We only knew that they were angry.
Red_Robot
Been Around The Block

Postby gusindor » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:36 pm

Red_Robot wrote:I like that in the backstory you made them incomparable with Ijad physiology.

Thanks! I made them Ijad-incompatible because if people could communicate with them that would make things too easy.:twisted:

Colonists: Excuse me giant monster, could you please not smash our buildings?
Kaiju: Those were yours? I'm so sorry, I'll be more careful.
Audience: Zzzz...
gusindor

Return to Frame Designs