Orgdian Scythe Shrimp

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Orgdian Scythe Shrimp

Postby gusindor » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:21 pm

When the Mixels first came out, I bough all three Cragsters figuring they'd be great for 1-Set Challenges. Unfortunately, I just couldn't get inspired by Krader's and Seismo's parts, and Shuff was just too cute, so they're all still intact. But then someone got me Vulk as a gift, and I sat down with his parts and didn't get up until I had used them all! (Except the eye. I don't know what to do with that, except perhaps an insignea as suggested here.) The result is this little beastie:
I'll post clearer pictures when I get the chance.
The Orgdian Scythe Shrimp (Latin name Messorem Armatae, Ijad name Vdekja Bari) is a large aquatic creature that is most similar to a crustacean. Despite their fearsome appearance, they are herbivores, using their massive claws to sweep underwater foliage into their mouths. Thanks to their massive size (as big as a frame), thick armored shell and huge claws, they have no natural predators. A creature this big needs a lot of food, and as a result Scythe Shrimp are fiercely territorial. They will attack on sight any large creature, including submarines, mobile frames, and others of their own kind, that enters one of their favorite feeding grounds. Ijad have reported that they make excellent warbeasts, since in addition to their natural arsenal, they fear defeat more than any foe, a useful mindset in a warbeast.
They have d6W d6W for being a thing,
d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh for the giant claws,
d6B for the thick shell,
+ d6W underwater for the gills on their backs,
and d8G for having no ranged weapons.
For land-based battles, I might swap the "water attachment" for a d6G if that seems fair.
Always bring a speech to a gunfight.
gusindor
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Re: Orgdian Scythe Shrimp

Postby soriansj » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:50 pm

Very impressive for an SSC. I really does look like a shrimp with scythes! Nice!
"Fear not the Defigo Hound that has picked up your scent. Fear the Master coming right behind it.
soriansj
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Frame Designs