Stevens Technology

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Stevens Technology

Postby Mantisking » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:28 am

This is one of the few designs that I have that comes with an attached background. They're also fairly simple designs although they feature an illegal connection in LDD.

STMP Lineup, on Flickr.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Re: Stevens Technology

Postby Mantisking » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:58 am

STMP-0: This is the Stevens Technology Multipurpose Platform. Designed with a low center of gravity and multiple manipulator arms, this is a sturdy and reliable unit. It is a civilian model and the starting point for most Stevens Technology mecha.
d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh d6W d6W

STMP-1: The STMP-1 is a modification of the civilian Multipurpose Platform and the first military offering from Stevens Technology. The low profile has been found to provide a stable platform for the two weapon arms, one Dual Mortar and one Twin Cannon, that simply replaced the STMP-0 manipulator arms.
d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra d6W d6W

STMP-2: This model of the ST Military Platform is the second unit off the production line. Designed for moving from ranged to close combat, it replaced the two long-range guns of the STMP-1 with heavy duty manipulator units.
d6Rh d6Rh d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd d6W d6W

STMP-3: The third and most advanced -- at the time -- of the MP frames. The STMP-3 is adapted for microgravity, null atmosphere environments, and orbital combat. This model is equipped with a Manipulator Arm and Recoilless Rifle. It is also available in an unarmed configuration, adaptable to whatever format the purchaser might require.
d6Rh d6Rh d6Rd d6Rd d6W d6W d6W *

STMP-4: The latest offering from Stevens Technology, this is the first to feature an energy weapon and a jump jet.
d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd d6G d6W d6W

* -- You're probably wondering why this guy has three White dice. The "third" is actually a Space Environment attachment. The icon for the White die is the best way to represent it.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby The Trilobite » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:34 pm

I say, do I recall correctly that your Stumpies have been up as part of the old Mechaton pool for some time?

Regardless, old boy, they are smashing. I dig simple, repeatable designs that are adaptable to different looks and functions, and these have those things in spades.
"What do you put on your head to see all this stuff?"
--Just one of many questions raised by Porcelain Llama Theater.

My Johari Window
The Trilobite
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mantisking » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:28 pm

The Trilobite wrote:I say, do I recall correctly that your Stumpies have been up as part of the old Mechaton pool for some time?

Why, yes, my good man.

The Trilobite wrote:Regardless, old boy, they are smashing. I dig simple, repeatable designs that are adaptable to different looks and functions, and these have those things in spades.

You're too kind, old boy.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:26 pm

Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Roboslob » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:06 am

Same as the other two, these remind me of older mech design styles. I think it's the short and wide layout.
Roboslob
Talkative

Postby Mantisking » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:15 pm

I would like everyone to keep in mind that while Twanks, Clankers, Twanzers, and Squibs are all nice for what they are, none of them feature the versatility of the Stevens Technology STMP "Stompy" platform. Case in point, the STMP-3 is configured for microgravity, null atmosphere environments, and orbital combat. A combination unmatched by any of our competitors.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Atavism » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:42 pm

- CONGRATULATIONS! -
<<<FROM: TWANKS LLC DoW AUTOMATED CC: General Hezeraiah Twankus>>

This is an automated message, please do not reply to this account

Congratulations! You or your company has been automatically added to the list < Doomed >

You are receiving this message because our legal department's "infringement detection" spiderbot noticed the following comment:

Mantisking wrote:I would like everyone to keep in mind that while Twanks, Clankers, Twanzers, and Squibs are all nice for what they are, none of them feature the versatility of the Stevens Technology STMP "Stompy" platform. Case in point, the STMP-3 is configured for microgravity, null atmosphere environments, and orbital combat. A combination unmatched by any of our competitors.

A narrow AI has determined that your communication has violated one or more of our trademarks, patents, or copyrights, or your communication in some way slandered, libeled, or misportrayed the Twanks LLC name, or was objectionable in some other way. This determination will be subject to human review, so look for another message in a couple weeks!

Currently, you are < 5 > on our list of objectives in the ongoing Campaign for Twanks' Rights! Prepare yourself for honorable combat!

If you feel like you've been added to this list by mistake, click here to contact a customer service representative directly!

This is an automated message from Twanks LLC Department of War, if you no longer wish to receive messages from Twanks LLC and its affiliates click unsubscribe
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:35 am

Once again, Stevens Technology would like to remind our current and future customers that the Krate, Kar-Tunn, TRUNDLE, Twank, Clanker, Twanzer, and Squib are all Johnny-Come-Lately Frame designs in a market pioneered by the STMP Frame. You've seen the rest, stick with the best.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:33 am

Seizing on a red-hot market for budget Frames, Stevens Technology has released a new model. Featuring a high speed saw and expanded communications suite this model covers a corner of the market heretofore unexploited by Stevens Technology. This model also features new proprietary leg jointing technology that helps increase its speed by 33%.

STMP-5, on Flickr.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Blorf » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:29 am

Mantisking wrote:Featuring a high speed saw and expanded communications suite...

That's definitely a highly sought after combination! It's absolutely perfect for... um... remotely micromanaged deforestation?

I like the totally worthless little clip hands on top of the slope.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:17 am

Mantisking wrote:Featuring a high speed saw and expanded communications suite...
Blorf wrote:That's definitely a highly sought after combination! It's absolutely perfect for... um... remotely micromanaged deforestation?

It's perfect for Waldo operations on remote worksites with atmospheres incompatible with baseline humans.

Blorf wrote:I like the totally worthless little clip hands on top of the slope.

Perfect mounting points for aftermarket parts.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:09 pm

STMP-6, on Flickr.

This is the newest design in the Stevens Technology catalog. The STMP-6, code-named "Strongman", is a return to the industrial Frame design that the company was built upon.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Atavism » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:22 pm

Mantisking wrote:Image
STMP-6, on Flickr.

This is the newest design in the Stevens Technology catalog. The STMP-6, code-named "Strongman", is a return to the industrial Frame design that the company was built upon.

I actually really like this guy. That green color really makes me think of John Deer tractors and connect it to a good ol' working bot right away.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:12 am

STMP-7, on Flickr.

Codenamed "Snake", this newest edition from Stevens Technology also features innovative arm technology.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:12 pm

Those last two are really great, wouldn't mind plowing some land with them!
VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:13 am

STMP-8, on Flickr.

The newest Frame from Stevens Technology, the eighth model features a brand new chassis design with enhanced maneuverability.

Stats: d6Rd d6Rd (gun) d6B (armor panel) d6G (extra legs) d6Y (antenna) d6W d6W.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Return to Frame Designs