Single Set Challenge: 31015 "трактор"

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Single Set Challenge: 31015 "трактор"

Postby darksyntax » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:51 am

A Single Set Challenge shot at 31015.

Shades_Corvid reviewed this set last week and I said to myself, "I see a frame in there" while eying the two lampholders and thinking of my SSC of set 6911. While it didn't work out like I'd expected, it did end up as a good sized humanoid frame. Pulling a station together from the scraps was infuriating as I couldn't get a 4x4 base until I thought to use a little color blocking to reduce the 4x6 to a 4x4. From there this little geothermal turbine generator came together pretty quick. I like the piping look of the towball and socket.

d6W d6W d6Rd d6Rd d6Y d6B d6G (assault cannon, top-mounted sensor, right shoulder armor, jump jet)

The torso is a little thin and the shoulders aren't symmetrical, but I think it has a good industrial machinery (tractor) vibe to it. All systems are independently removable and it's a very solid game piece.

60 pcs for $4.99US = 0.083/pc. Not bad but there's not much to recommend in this set other than maybe the dark green if that color is your thing.

C&C solicited as always.
darksyntax
Mod Team

Re: Single Set Challenge: 31015 "трактор"

Postby Pippi Shortstack » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:58 pm

That's a cool looking station. I want to play with asymmetry a bit more in my designs, and I think you used it to good effect here. These SCCs are always so interesting. Thanks for sharing this one. :)
"Volkodav Industries DBE-02 Medved: If you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherhutcher on your lawn, accept no substitutes." -- M3tschenniy
Pippi Shortstack
Been Around The Block

Postby Shades_Corvid » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:31 pm

That is a nice job and thanks for the shout out but you might want to update the link as I changed the name of the site. http://darkcloudblogs.blogspot.com/2014 ... press.html
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

Dark Cloud Blogs - A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

The University - MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby gusindor » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:12 pm

What does the name mean?
Always bring a speech to a gunfight.
gusindor
MFZ:RA Game Designer