Single Set Challenge: 31013 "Unter Beißer"

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Single Set Challenge: 31013 "Unter Beißer"

Postby darksyntax » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:51 am

A Single Set Challenge shot at 31013.

I've had this laying around half finished for a few weeks, but due to work sucking an inordinate amount of my life's blood of late, I hadn't gotten back to it. Enough of that nonsense. I took a night off and finished it.

72 pcs for $4.99US = 0.069/pc. I was looking for a frame and a station from this set as it has a pretty good parts list (headlights, lampholders, 1x2 curves, etc), but I found it harder to work with than I'd expected. Ended up with a workable walker, but it's a little small (plenty of room for a 7P pilot though) and the railgun is a bit big for the frame. After finishing the frame, there didn't seem like much to work with, but a little oldschool SNOT and voila, we have a comm's tower.

d6W d6W d6Rd d6Rd d6Y d6G d6B d8Rr d8Rr (railgun, sensor array above railgun, wheel-feet, armored cockpit)

C&C solicited as always.
darksyntax
Mod Team

Re: Single Set Challenge: 31013 "Unter Beißer"

Postby Pippi Shortstack » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:18 pm

I had mentioned Basquash somewhere else, but this is, like, the official set for it, now. :P

The comm station put me a little in mind of a basketball standard, is all, I guess.

I like the little frame you've come up with, too. It looks like this set had a little more to work with, for you. If I were to offer any type of critique, it's be that the uppermost part of the frame, with the red angled piece, and the round-y bit above it, feels a little superfluous. I can't help but wonder what it'd look like without that addition.

Well done, again!
"Volkodav Industries DBE-02 Medved: If you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherhutcher on your lawn, accept no substitutes." -- M3tschenniy
Pippi Shortstack
Been Around The Block

Return to Frame Designs