Single Set Challenge: 30187 "Raven"

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Single Set Challenge: 30187 "Raven"

Postby darksyntax » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:38 pm

A Single Set Challenge shot at 30187.

Our own Shades_Corvid reviewed this set a few days ago. While the contents of the set isn't much to rave about, the price-point of .053US$/pc (61pcs/3.25) makes the rather average parts very attractive. Roughly half of this set are "standard MFZ parts": 1x1rnd plates, 1x2plates, 1x1 cones, 1x2grills (flat & sloped), cheese slopes. So while it's not a "pre-packaged frame", it's far from useless. The colors too are standard so while they may not be attractive to those with large collections looking for odd colors, they will work for someone starting out as they'd easily combo with other sets like say the red Mixels sets.

Anyway, on to my frame.
d6W d6W d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd d6Y / d6G twin guns, comm's/sensor -or- jumpjets
(I suppose you could declare the red 2x2tile and cheese on the guns d6B )

There were only 2 snot pcs to work with and they were HUGE by MFZ standards. I knew I had to use them in the body. There wasn't much for articulation so I knew I'd have to fall back on some chunky legs and no arms; I made the legs as interesting looking as possible. The cones (great weapons pcs) were a welcome inclusion, a rarity for small sets for some reason, and made for some good looking guns. The rest of the build was sorting what could round out a loadout: managed a spot system and an alt move system. All in all, not a bad frame for a mediocre set.

C&C solicited as always.
darksyntax
Mod Team

Re: Single Set Challenge: 30187

Postby Pippi Shortstack » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:17 pm

This walker is kind of adorable. I really like the "body" of the frame, and can only applaud the creativity you displayed with the legs.
"Volkodav Industries DBE-02 Medved: If you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherhutcher on your lawn, accept no substitutes." -- M3tschenniy
Pippi Shortstack
Been Around The Block

Re: Single Set Challenge: 30187

Postby Mantisking » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Nice job building the legs.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Re: Single Set Challenge: 30187 "Raven"

Postby Shades_Corvid » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:36 pm

Wow, this is really great! Nice job, blow my things out of the water! Again, broken think though, my fault. http://darkcloudblogs.blogspot.com/2014 ... r-mfz.html Thanks for the shot out.
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

Dark Cloud Blogs - A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

The University - MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Frame Designs