1-Set Challenge; The Kalores Fshatar!

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

1-Set Challenge; The Kalores Fshatar!

Postby gusindor » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:40 pm

My second attempt at making a complete company from just one set, after my success with the Rusty Rovers. I chose this set because it also has a good amount of fiddlies, although not as good as the set I used for the RRovers. Right away I saw that humanoid frames weren't an option, heck, limbs would be in relatively short supply, so I went for something much more animalistic and crawly. They're the Kalores Fshatar, an Ijad order of warrior-monks, who can't afford fancy high-class frames because of a vow of poverty.

First, the group shot:

Their battle-beasts of choice are large gastropods descended from Earthling snails.
They have 2 soldiers: d6Rd d6Rd for the cannon, d6G for being bred faster (shown by a slime-trail), d6B for the shell, and d6Y for the sensor mast.

2 defenders: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh for the claws, d6B d6B for being bred tougher (shown by having a colorful shell), and d8G for having no ranged weapons. Ironically, the faster snails have no movement system, and even the slower snails have decent speed.

For back-up, they've got a long-range bomber: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra for the wing-mounted missiles, d6G d6G for the wings, and d8Rr d8Rr d8Rr for the tail-mounted missiles. The animal at the core is nothing like a butterfly, but it's even less like anything else Earthling, so think of it as a butterfly.
ImageImage
It can fold up it's wings when it's resting. Not as cool as transporting a frame, but not half bad.

Their stations are two anti-aircraft missile turrets:
ImageImage

And a solar panel array:
ImageImage
Always bring a speech to a gunfight.
gusindor
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Re: 1-Set Challenge; The Kalores Fshatar!

Postby Mantisking » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:24 am

Nice job. With all the work you and darksyntax are doing I'll have another blog post in no time!
Mantisking
Mod Team

Return to Frame Designs