Single Set Challenge: 40077

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Single Set Challenge: 40077

Postby darksyntax » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:02 am

While at TRU today I ran into the goofiest polybag. I made a funny face, laughed and was about to walk on by when I saw "90pcs" on the bag under the $4.99 US price tag. At $0.05/pcs I'll give most anything a second look.
Further examination revealed headlights, jumperplates, some handles/clips, dishes, cheese wedges, and curved slopes. Not bad. The color palette is less than inspiring tho. I grabbed one for parts.

Once home with it sorted out on the table (94pcs w/ the extras), I couldn't help but take a Single Set Challenge shot at it.
Not my best work and the yellow is beyond garish, but I can live with two frames and a station from 94pcs for $5.

No real thoughts on loadouts or anything. If I went with only one frame I'm sure I could get something a little better with proper loadouts, but I think I'm done here. I can't think about that stupid giraffe face anymore.
darksyntax
Mod Team

Re: Single Set Challenge: 40077

Postby Foghammer » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:38 am

Not bad at all man!

The yellow isn't too bad alone, but that orange does make it hurt. Supplemented with some black or dark bley, this isn't a bad set at all. That bipedal pod is one of my favorites you've put together for the single set challenges.
Foghammer
Old Guard

Postby Mantisking » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:12 am

I picked up one of these a couple weeks ago. Those are some interesting builds.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby darksyntax » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:14 pm

OK, so I evidently wasn't done. I had this set in a little baggie and some time to kill. (there's a drug joke in there somewhere...)

Not my best pics, but I don't feel like messing with them anymore.

I made a quad and use my old brick-snot technique for a turret. Started with a Soldier and made a Arty variant.
d6W d6W d6G d6B d6Y d6Rd d6Rd quad, top armor panels, antenna, cannons / d6W d6W d6G d6B d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra quad, top armor panels, LR cannon w/stabilizing gas vents

The technique worked well enough that I tried it in a humanoid torso. Again, started with a Soldier and made a Arty variant.
d6W d6W d6G d6B d6Y d6Rd d6Rd skymover, pauldrons, antenna, assault carbine

d6W d6W d6G d6B d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra skymover, pauldrons, missile pod w/ extra capacity (lower slope brick)
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby darksyntax » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:34 pm

I liked the teardrop-ish shape of the little chickenwalker I made during the first go at this set and wanted to revisit it. I think this is the most finished looking frame from this set yet. Don't think I can top this one. I also wanted to do something other than a comm's tower for a station and ended up with this drilling platform.

d6W d6W d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd d6Y d6B (double barreled cannon, sensor mast, flare dispenser)
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby mraichelson » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:56 am

Meant to chime in the first time around on that walker looking pretty sweet for being so simple. This update to is awesome.
I put together frame building kits (and links to folks selling companies) at MobileFra.me.
mraichelson
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Frame Designs