Frame Chef: May 2013

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Frame Chef: May 2013

Postby Mantisking » Wed May 01, 2013 7:08 am

Welcome to the next installation of Frame Chef, a monthly "contest" to build Mobile Frame Zero frames (or other MFØ creations) based on a "secret ingredient" (a specific LEGO™ part or set of parts) that will change each month.

The Rules

• Build a frame (or other MFØ creation) that makes essential, extensive and/or innovative use of the secret ingredient parts.
  • Create a new post in the appropriate sub-forum (e.g. "Frame Design" for frames, "Vehicle Design" for vehicles, etc) to showcase your build, just as you would for any other creation.
  • Do not mention Frame Chef in the title of your post. Instead name the creation like usual. If you want to mention Frame Chef in the initial post of the thread, go ahead, but this is not required. (The idea here is that your creation may go on to have a life far beyond Frame Chef, so no point in tying it down.)
  • Your post can contain photos of brick builds, LDraw files, etc. Instructions or breakdowns always welcome.
  • Add a link to your post in this month's Frame Chef thread (i.e. this one). Do not post creations directly to this thread.
  • Make sure to specify usage restrictions about your creations in the first post. It is recommended you use the same Creative Commons license that Mobile Frame Zero does.
  • At the end of the month, this thread will close and a new thread, with a new secret ingredient will begin.

The Prize

Since the whole point of this is really just to help stoke the creative fires, there doesn't seem to be much of a point in naming a "winner". If people really scream for one, we'll figure something out, but the point is really just to do something not all that serious.

So, without further ado, Chairman Mofo will now reveal the secret ingredient for this month:

Allez construire!

Original idea by Wordman.
Image by Dukayn.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Re: Frame Chef: May 2013

Postby NimbusAConflict » Thu May 02, 2013 1:56 am

http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/
When the End of the World comes, I can assure you, I will be partying to hard to notice.
NimbusAConflict
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Dukayn » Wed May 08, 2013 11:16 am

Had a crack at this one here
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby gatlinggouf927 » Wed May 08, 2013 1:53 pm

It's about time i took a shot at one of these, modified a Hussar Mk.I with Heli parts to make the (drumroll) VMF-17hd Dragoon!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2906
I came from the bottom, now I made it to the top. Newtype flow I'm the hottest on the block. Somebody tell these haters that I'm never gonna stop. Till I kill em all like a colony drop. I'm yellin out Sieg Zeon, Sieg Zeon

-Richie Branson-
gatlinggouf927
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mantisking » Wed May 08, 2013 11:40 pm

I guess you can call it an essential use, 'cause the arms would fall off without the secret ingredient. Here.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby gusindor » Sat May 11, 2013 11:07 pm

I challenged myself not to use it for a wheel or propeller. I'm quite happy with the result.
Always bring a speech to a gunfight.
gusindor
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby Mantisking » Wed May 15, 2013 7:00 am

My entry. It's a total train-wreck.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Return to Frame Designs