[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - KA-MF03-Wolf [Update 7/24/12] Input Please!

KA-MF03-Wolf [Update 7/24/12] Input Please!

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

KA-MF03-Wolf [Update 7/24/12] Input Please!

Postby OrangeKNight » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:02 am

Working on Revamping the design to give it a better feel, Head on down to to see and let me know what you think!

KA-MF03-Wolf

An all round basic model, it can handle a wide variety of weapons and equipment effectively.

Let me know what you guys think!

Mike
Last edited by OrangeKNight on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:57 am, edited 8 times in total.
KNightsArms - Leading Edge in Military Design

OrangeKNight
Talkative

Re: KNight Frame and Variants

Postby NotMantisking » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:41 am

It has a very "Zizy-ish" look to it.
NotMantisking
Newcomer

Postby mchnzr » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:47 pm

The tank really does it for me. There's something about the orange on gray that looks very war-like. I like seeing a heavier build now and then.
mchnzr
Young Gun

Postby schoon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:35 pm

What are you using for the tank track wheels? I'd love to start making some Frame-scale tanks!
schoon
Site Admin

Postby Hawkn » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:06 pm

I really like the brute variant. Is the scale about the same as MFZ's 7 stud human height?
Hawkn
Young Gun

Postby OrangeKNight » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:16 am

Hey guys haven't really come up with a new variant yet(working on a flight one, will prolly post a WIP tomorrow on )

In the mean time if you wanted to check out the KNight frame and Variants in more detail I've added links to the LDD files for the Frames in the first post, and I'm gonna stick a link for the LDD file ComboPack right HERE: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ok_studios/

They are a little parts intensive, the standard frame needing 90 parts, bu they are(aside fro the joints) mostly basic parts. The Brute weights in at 133 parts and the Tank comes in at 157, but about 52 of those are in the track links.

Mike

OrangeKNight
Talkative

Re: KNight Frame - Flight Variant Update

Postby OrangeKNight » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Okay, after a lot of fiddling, and a , I think I finally got something like for a Flight Frame!

Those well versed in Anime can prolly see the main 3(4) influences at work here;

-Gundam Wing Aries in the Folding Legs.
-Code Geass Lancelot Air Cavalry version in the wings.
-Gundam Unicorn Shinanju in the Thruster pack and Fuel Tanks
-And a secret LEGO inspiration that should be plain as day ;p

I'm a little concerned about Balance, but I think the way I got the feet setup should fix that, just gotta build a stand for when it's flying! :D

Let me know what you think!

Mike

OrangeKNight
Talkative

Re: KNight Frame - Flight Variant Update

Postby Dukayn » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:27 pm

Saw this posted on Flickr. It's huge! Looks good though.
Dukayn
Mod Team

Re: KNight Frame - Wolf

Postby The Trilobite » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:16 am

I really like the unfolding shield on the black variant, and the warhammer is nicely done on that one too. These are sweet. Good, solid-looking frames that are wicked adaptable.
"What do you put on your head to see all this stuff?"
--Just one of many questions raised by .

The Trilobite
Grizzled Veteran

Re: KNight Frame - Wolf

Postby OrangeKNight » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:46 am

Heh, thanks, in the coming weeks I hope to put an order in for a bunch of parts I'm nearly out of for building these frames, the fact I have 4.5 assembled just with what I had is amazing enough! xD

Mike

OrangeKNight
Talkative

Re: KA-MF-03Wolf [Update 7/24/12] Input Please!

Postby OrangeKNight » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:46 am

ARISE FROM THE DEPTHS!

Okay so getting re-involved with MF0, and that meas revisiting my Frames. This came about mostly about after putting a Rainbow Warrior Version of my together and putting it alongside with my original Wolf Mobile Frame the Wolf looked a little inadequate.

So I worked on this, On the Right is the original, or Stock Version, on the Left is the New or 'Custom' version.

Some of the more major upgrades;
-Expanded the back a bit, kinda giving it a "backpack" of sorts, included are some clips or extra equipment possibly.
-Bulked out the area between the hips and torso with a clip and 1x2 tile, similar to what I did with the .
-Added a bit of bulk to the forearms, these I'm the least sure on, but they do still provide the same connection possibilities as the stock version so maybe.
-Messed with the lower legs/knees, the new kneepads extend further up the thigh and angle outwards a bit, the Lower legs/feet are a bit bulker and the foot print is actually a bit wider and longer, hopefully for better stability.

What do you guys think? Aside from the arms I'm fairly pleased, it's not any taller, so the is still a solid 2-3 plates taller and bulkier looking and it should help to even things out with the .

If you guys have any thoughts or ideas feel free to let me know!

Mike

OrangeKNight
Talkative

Re: KA-MF03-Wolf [Update 7/24/12] Input Please!

Postby morganm » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:37 pm

Overall I think it's a great platform; you've obviously spent a lot of time developing it. The torso and arms are stellar; it all works well together. I like the bulkiness of them and color schemes are good.

What stands out most to me are the legs. They seem to throw off the balance of the frame's overall appearance. You have this barrel chested torso with bulky arms coming off it... and skinny legs with narrow feet. Play around with the legs and feet. Wider feet... more width in the calf area... The 'new' version on the left is a great step in that direction. The legs are 'deep' enough; from front to back they range from 3 to 5 plates... it's the 'width' (left to right) that makes it look spindly. Adding the slotted piece on the top of the legs didn't help much; made them deeper but not wider. The feet is where it's really starting to help; the slope down and the slightly added width is what I'm talking about. See if you can go even wider to do that busty torso some justice =^.^=
morganm
Been Around The Block

Postby OrangeKNight » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:15 pm

OrangeKNight
Talkative

Postby OrangeKNight » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:51 am

Okay messed around with the Lower legs some more, came up with a couple variations;

Left Is the same as above, the Skinny Version as it were.

Middle Is a Variant using a 1x1 Brick with 2 Studs to attach the 1x3 Tiles.

Right is a Variant using a and two 1x1 plates to attach the 1x3 Tiles.

I think I like the middle Variant more, as with the Right Variant there is a slight gap between the 1x3 Tile and the rest of the leg, my only concern with the Middle Variant is how far backwards it has to extend to fit in that 1x1 brick with 2 studs.....

Thoughts?

Mike

OrangeKNight
Talkative

Postby morganm » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:08 pm

morganm
Been Around The Block

Postby OrangeKNight » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:34 pm

OrangeKNight
Talkative

Postby morganm » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:11 pm

Yeah brick'n it out might be a good next step. Sometimes things look weird in LDD but amazing IRL... but it can swing both ways! O_o

Looking forward to the updates!
morganm
Been Around The Block

Postby CrayolaSmoker » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:16 am

Aesthetically, I like the middle one. Though I could see concern over how far back it places the heel. Think the best way to know for sure is to brick one of each leg and see 'em side-by-side to decide which one you like more. Kinda like my wife tryin' on shoes... ;)
CrayolaSmoker
Newcomer

Postby OrangeKNight » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:21 pm

Okay here we go! Built up a Wolf using the Middle leg style;

I like it, kinda bulky without it being too out there, makes the frame look a little bottom heavy, but I kinda like that, adds a flair of feasibility to it almost....kinda...I dunno how to put it! xD

On the Left the bonus Coyote Light Frame, more on that to come!

In the Middle the Wolf Medium Frame

On the Right the Brute Heavy Frame

All in all a pretty good step up in bulk and such between the frames.

Mike

OrangeKNight
Talkative

Return to Frame Designs