Frame Chef: August 2012

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Frame Chef: August 2012

Postby Wordman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:50 am

Welcome to the next installation of Frame Chef, a monthly "contest" to build Mobile Frame Zero frames (or other MFØ creations) based on a "secret ingredient" (a specific LEGO™ part or set of parts) that will change each month.

The Rules

• Build a frame (or other MFØ creation) that makes essential, extensive and/or innovative use of the secret ingredient parts.
  • Create a new post in the appropriate sub-forum (e.g. "Frame Design" for frames, "Vehicle Design" for vehicles, etc) to showcase your build, just as you would for any other creation.
  • Do not mention Frame Chef in the title of your post. Instead name the creation like usual. If you want to mention Frame Chef in the initial post of the thread, go ahead, but this is not required. (The idea here is that your creation may go on to have a life far beyond Frame Chef, so no point in tying it down.)
  • Your post can contain photos of brick builds, LDraw files, etc. Instructions or breakdowns always welcome.
  • Add a link to your post in this month's Frame Chef thread (i.e. this one). Do not post creations directly to this thread.
  • Make sure to specify usage restrictions about your creations in the first post. It is recommended you use the same Creative Commons license that Mobile Frame Zero does.
  • At the end of the month, this thread will close and a new thread, with a new secret ingredient will begin.

The Prize

Since the whole point of this is really just to help stoke the creative fires, there doesn't seem to be much of a point in naming a "winner". If people really scream for one, we'll figure something out, but the point is really just to do something not all that serious.

So, without further ado, Chairman Mofo will now reveal the secret ingredient for this month:

Allez construire!
Wordman
Talkative

Re: Frame Chef: August 2012

Postby XGundam05 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:34 pm

The Mongol uses the chef piece sandwiched between two headlights in the chest. Gives it's shape and allows just enough space for the 1x2 tile in the chest.
XG5 Systems Blog - "I will not die here / I still have too much to do / And too much ammo" ~ Zer0
XGundam05
Grizzled Veteran

Postby afny » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:23 am

This piece is integral to the the LWT-03 "Hop Devil" (it's the groin). I came up with the idea before August, but I just bricked up a new one yesterday.
afny
Been Around The Block

Postby craftyBarnardo » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:24 am

I was really excited when I first saw this thread because I happen to have a huge supply of that particular brick for some reason. So I put this little fella together:

I couldn't post it until now because I only just recently got forum access.
craftyBarnardo
Newcomer

Return to Frame Designs