[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - The Triple T Challenge

The Triple T Challenge

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

The Triple T Challenge

Postby MittenNinja » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:42 pm

While discussing growth of building techniques on the IRC with Soren, I thought it would be fun to try building a frame without using three of the common "T" pieces in frame building. No Travis Bricks, No Taps, No T-pieces. Everything else is allowed! Simple right?

I encourage you all to attempt this along with me and see what you can come up with! Please post your results here!

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
MittenNinja
Old Guard

Re: The Triple T Challenge

Postby LowestFormOfWit » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:05 am

My Dissident Ecclesiarch was my personal challenge with this (mostly due to not having many of the "T-pieces" to spare for it!), so I'll leave it here while I whip something new up for the fun of it:
The variant with the Glaive I made later ended up adding 1 Travis brick for the bottom piece, but the base frame has zero "T-pieces".
LowestFormOfWit
Grizzled Veteran

Postby MittenNinja » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:33 am

And here is my Triple T Challenge frame, the RT-06 Bullfrog. Zero Travis, zero Taps, zero T-pieces.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
MittenNinja
Old Guard

Postby The Trilobite » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:36 am

The Bullfrog is gorgeous! I love the autocannon and sensor or ammo storage on the opposite side, and the asymetry of it. The Ecclisarch is also nice--very intimidating.
"What do you put on your head to see all this stuff?"
--Just one of many questions raised by .

The Trilobite
Grizzled Veteran

Postby SageThe13th » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:34 am

My Anvil frame doesn't use any of those parts. Because didn't have any at the time I made it. It does use one motor brick which is kind of like a travis brick.

I'll probably make something else for the challenge as well.
SageThe13th
Been Around The Block

Postby HatRabies » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:06 am

Oooh, I'm going to have to see what I can whip together for this. Sounds like a blast.
Toys, toys, toys.
The name's Josh

http://bit.ly/1aoI85j
You should follow the above link and vote for me starting October 10th! I will be eternally grateful!
HatRabies
Been Around The Block

Postby pasukaru76 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:44 am

My technic frames all fit the bill, but I'll try to cook up a system frame with no "T" pieces.
pasukaru76
Talkative

Postby Mantisking » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:10 am

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby afny » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:34 am

Made for this thread, but I might try to work it into a company. I'll inevitably fall off the wagon and give it tap ankles.

Enyo II

afny
Been Around The Block

Postby MittenNinja » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Nice guys! Keep em coming!

MittenNinja
Old Guard

Postby Mantisking » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:50 pm

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby A YATES INDUSTRIALS » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:12 pm

HERE IS MINE.... NT-01 'CRUSH'

by , on Flickr
o)-<|:
A YATES INDUSTRIALS
Grizzled Veteran

Postby morganm » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:29 pm

and the base frame use none of the Tripple T's

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1651

morganm
Been Around The Block

Postby Malcolm_Craig » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:04 am

Nice idea for a challenge.

Thrown together in about 20 minutes whilst watching the European Grand Prix.

by , on Flickr

Cheers,
Malcolm
Malcolm_Craig
Been Around The Block

Postby MittenNinja » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Very nice guys!

Yates, that thing looks like it's in the middle of the head move from Thriller! :p

MittenNinja
Old Guard

Postby A YATES INDUSTRIALS » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:39 pm

o)-<|:
A YATES INDUSTRIALS
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Dukayn » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:48 pm

If it weren't for the fact that I used all my 1x1 round bricks in the rest of the frame, my wouldn't have any Travis bricks in it, and it already has no taps or t-pieces.

SO CLOSE.
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby SageThe13th » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:27 am

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

More challenge frames. Build over the weekend.
SageThe13th
Been Around The Block

Postby Grass4hopper » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:34 am

Wow! The Viking is very impressive.
Grass4hopper
Been Around The Block

Postby morganm » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:42 am

Yeah that Viking is trick.

Mind showing off how you built it? Can't quite see how the shoulders are done.
morganm
Been Around The Block

Next

Return to Frame Designs