[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - My First Frames

My First Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

My First Frames

Postby morganm » Sun May 13, 2012 9:51 am

Finally took some photos of a few frames I threw together. Sorry the photos aren't that great... still haven't setup my light-box since we moved. I have no cool names or anything yet... still trying to figure out if I want to do a company, pirate clan, Solar Union military unit, etc etc. Just wanted to put together some frames for the fun of it =) These are all in 7p scale.

The first one here I tried to do all on my own. Got the legs and hips all put together but couldn't figure out how to connect the torso to the hips. Special thanks to Ced23Ric for helping me here with the LDD file from this frame: I also appropriated some other techniques =) The cockpit is small for 7p but I imagined the pilot would ride in it similar to how one rides a crotch rocket. They would lay prone with the head and arms out in front and legs extending back. I just built this for fun; no idea how it would spec-out for MFZ. I like the shoulder-mounted repeating rocket launcher =^.^= Also check out how I did the legs using headlight bricks and Star Wars blasters... thought that was kinda neat.

Next up is Yellow 5 the heavy armored CHUB! Basic CHUB design but I didn't have any yellow dishes or enough Travis bricks for the feet so I just started slapping on SNOT and called it heavy armor.

Expanding on that I built a blue one with even more heavy armor. On the back he's got some auxiliary power supplies which are necessary to move around that much bulk!

Here's the whole album.
morganm
Been Around The Block

Re: My First Frames

Postby Dukayn » Sun May 13, 2012 9:56 am

Your black frame is pimp, man. I see someone has been shopping at Brickarms ;)

That leg design is certainly interesting.
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Sun May 13, 2012 10:36 am

Nice mod on the legs of those two Chubs.

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby The Trilobite » Sun May 13, 2012 11:30 am

That huge crazy one up at the top is over the top! It's great! I also really like the shoulders on the blue ST-07. Nice.
"What do you put on your head to see all this stuff?"
--Just one of many questions raised by .

The Trilobite
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Wadmaasi » Sun May 13, 2012 10:29 pm

I'm not big on handheld shields, but that first frame is otherwise real nice looking.
Wadmaasi
Been Around The Block

Return to Frame Designs