Vesopia Mechworks: VMX-02 Peregrine

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Vesopia Mechworks: VMX-02 Peregrine

Postby Ced23Ric » Tue May 08, 2012 12:51 pm

VMX-02 Peregrine

Background:

An earlier prototype of a compact, straight design without modularity, the Peregrine was designed to meet the market for a fast, durable combat 'Frame with the ability to change positions rapidly and lay down suppressive fire at consistant rates. Expanding on lessons learnt from VAL, the Peregrine met all the preset specifications, but never hit the mass-market because of it's unique and hard-to-supply parts. VMW now has three of these 'Frames in their hangars, one of them belonging to the Lunar Wolves commander, Ruben Benar.

Preinstalled Systems:
The Peregrine comes stock with a back-and-forth projecting distortion field, which is experimental technology in itself. By scattering visible light through an array of projectos mounted all around the chassis, visual and laser acquisition of the 'Frame is rendered vague and inaccurate, which gives the agile 'Frame a layer of protection that adds a lot less tonnage to the overall weight, retaining prime agility. This agility is imbued with two double-port jets attached to the legs, which allow the VMX-02 to hop on elevated surfaces and cross wider gaps with ease.

The two primary weapon systems of the Peregrine are it's twin-linked pulse-burst cannons. Firing tungsten rounds with depleted uranium tips at high cadence, these weapons require frequent maintenance to remain opperative at peak levels and tend to jam a lot if neglected. The impressive ammunition capacity and accurate flight properties of the 82mm round, though, make up for this.

Loadout Stats: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd d6B d6G d6W d6W

Imagery:
L2R: Front, Side, Back, Angle

Image Image
This time, I actually built a 'Frame out of Legos, too. :D

Technical Schematics
LDD File
Image Vesopia - An Ijad-controlled system, where SU and FC are still fighting.
"The moon will guide you on your path when the sun long has set." - Trinity Of-The-Many.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Re: Vesopia Mechworks: VMX-02 Peregrine

Postby BigPappyJ » Tue May 08, 2012 1:53 pm

Nice!
BigPappyJ
Young Gun

Postby LowestFormOfWit » Tue May 08, 2012 4:46 pm

This is a really neat frame. I think the cockpit is my favorite part.

But I must ask, Can Your Peregrin Fly?

I'm just making a funny about having the same name, btw! So far I've done a Bastion -before- Mittens did a Bastion, a Meerkat -after- Mittens did a Meerkat, and now this! Hah!
LowestFormOfWit
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ced23Ric » Tue May 08, 2012 5:02 pm

The VMX-02 Peregrine is named that way because of it's speed and swift attack. It cannot fly, I am sorry to admit. But it can jump, using it's thrusters. ;)
Image Vesopia - An Ijad-controlled system, where SU and FC are still fighting.
"The moon will guide you on your path when the sun long has set." - Trinity Of-The-Many.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Postby Dukayn » Tue May 08, 2012 5:34 pm

This looks so nice "in the brick". BTW I found that if you use the Take a Screenshot (Ctrl+K) command in LDD from the Tool Box menu, it gives you a screenshot of your frame with no background from the build screen. It's what CrimsonKMR is using for her shots, and I think in some ways it could be nicer and clearer than using the "View Mode" screenshots with the backgrounds which can sometimes be a bit busy and detract from a frame's look.
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby Wadmaasi » Tue May 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Dukayn wrote:This looks so nice "in the brick".

Seconded. The render does it no justice.
Wadmaasi
Been Around The Block

Postby CrimsonKMR » Tue May 08, 2012 7:59 pm

Dukayn wrote:This looks so nice "in the brick". BTW I found that if you use the Take a Screenshot (Ctrl+K) command in LDD from the Tool Box menu, it gives you a screenshot of your frame with no background from the build screen. It's what CrimsonKMR is using for her shots, and I think in some ways it could be nicer and clearer than using the "View Mode" screenshots with the backgrounds which can sometimes be a bit busy and detract from a frame's look.

... I'm what? XD
CrimsonKMR
Talkative

Postby Dukayn » Tue May 08, 2012 8:12 pm

Heh, I was referencing the white-backgrounded screenshots from LDD from your frame design thread.
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby CrimsonKMR » Tue May 08, 2012 8:26 pm

Dukayn wrote:Heh, I was referencing the white-backgrounded screenshots from LDD from your frame design thread.

XD thats a piece of poster board and my camera phone! No LDD here! It wont run on my system! LOL
CrimsonKMR
Talkative

Postby Dukayn » Tue May 08, 2012 8:32 pm

OH DUH sorry I got you confused with Karoline Dianne. Don't ask me why, I haven't figured it out yet :P
Dukayn
Mod Team

Return to Frame Designs