C6 AMP C51 "Precision"

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

C6 AMP C51 "Precision"

Postby The Trilobite » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:16 am

Freeframer Jospehine Chacaux in her C6 AMP C51, "Precision". The frame is armed with a TN-101 SES 101mm sniper rifle. The C51 is typically equipped with camouflage netting, which Chacaux has adapted to her environment, probably by hand.

Stats:
d6Ra d6Ra (1 die from rifle, 1 from scope, both are split systems)
d6Rd d6Rd (1 die from rifle, 1 from scope, both are split systems)
d6B (camouflage)

---

The C6 system was created by the brilliant Micah Bauer, and rocks.

Did I do that split system thing right? I wanted to represent the degradation of performance if the targeting system was lost, but help from anyone with a normal-sized brain would be appreciated.

I got some odd looks and some smiles while photographing this.
"What do you put on your head to see all this stuff?"
--Just one of many questions raised by Porcelain Llama Theater.

My Johari Window
The Trilobite
Grizzled Veteran

Re: C6 AMP C51 "Precision"

Postby Dukayn » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:56 am

With a sniper rifle if you're going with it as a split system, I'd explain it that the rifle gives the d6Rd d6Rd by itself but with the scope you get d6Ra d6Ra . Kind of how you can have say any bolt-action rifle which works fine out to a certain distance without a scope but add the high-powered scope and you get a whole new range to work in. And that fits if you have to lose a system, it'd make sense to lose the scope first and make it a d6Rd d6Rd system only. Of course if you choose to lose the d6Rd d6Rd to keep the d6Ra d6Ra via combat damage, then it's harder to explain away.

Also you have a spare system slot on that loadout, in case you weren't aware of it.
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby randolph » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:20 am

Alternately, it's a really big sniper rifle with some armor and redundancy, such that it can take two "hits" before becoming useless as a ranged weapon; when damaged, the degradation in performance affects both d6Rd and d6Ra
WangTech, Inc.
Inexorable. Progress.
Company Overview
randolph
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Dukayn » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:23 am

Yeah that's another way. That would treat it as 2 split systems instead of one d6Rd system and one d6Ra system.
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby Ced23Ric » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:33 am

I'll contribute somethign useless.

D'AWW. THIS IS SO CUTE. D:
Image Vesopia - An Ijad-controlled system, where SU and FC are still fighting.
"The moon will guide you on your path when the sun long has set." - Trinity Of-The-Many.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Postby randolph » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:09 pm

Dukayn wrote:Yeah that's another way. That would treat it as 2 split systems instead of one d6Rd system and one d6Ra system.

Right, that's what I thought the OP was going for.
WangTech, Inc.
Inexorable. Progress.
Company Overview
randolph
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Trilobite » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:45 pm

Dukayn wrote:Also you have a spare system slot on that loadout, in case you weren't aware of it.

Aye. On the one hand, I'd love to add an artillery system just so I can get d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra, because I'd love for that ol' 101 to be the monster weapon it is. On the other hand, I put a lot of time and effort into making the camo cloak (I know, I know, it don't show), so I'd love to add d6B to represent superior camo. On the gripping hand, I don't want to max out every frame I make.

My Johari Window
The Trilobite
Grizzled Veteran

Postby randolph » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:59 pm

The Trilobite wrote:Aye. On the one hand, I'd love to add an artillery system just so I can get d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra, because I'd love for that ol' 101 to be the monster weapon it is. On the other hand, I put a lot of time and effort into making the camo cloak (I know, I know, it don't show), so I'd love to add d6B to represent superior camo. On the gripping hand, I don't want to max out every frame I make.

If the 101 hardware has greater firepower than is represented by d6Ra d6Ra , and the extra work Josephine put into the camo netting is makeshift, I'd suggest representing the permanent mechanical stats with a system and temporary things with d6W .
WangTech, Inc.
Inexorable. Progress.
Company Overview
randolph
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Trilobite » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:58 pm

Makes perfect sense to me! Good ol' white dice will be my friend, here.

My Johari Window
The Trilobite
Grizzled Veteran

Postby mchnzr » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:45 pm

I just read the Precision story, so I'm glad to see you've got such a flavorful picture of the frame up here. Nice work!

As for the actual loadout, I think a lot of people are forgetting (or ignoring) the rules for victory points in-game. Using all four attachments isn't always the best move, so I think it's good to have a frame that isn't loaded out all the way.
mchnzr
Young Gun

Postby Dukayn » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:15 pm

I was aware of the rule, I was merely pointing out there was a spare system slot. I didn't state he should use it ;)
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby The Trilobite » Tue May 01, 2012 5:20 am

mchnzr wrote:I just read the Precision story, so I'm glad to see you've got such a flavorful picture of the frame up here.

Thanks! It's a silly little photo, but it was fun to make and I'm glad people seem to find it amusing. Thanks for reading the story, too!

My Johari Window
The Trilobite
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Frame Designs