new player!

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

new player!

Postby pubcrawler13 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi guys, I recently got told about the game and love it. I have yet to order any parts and start building, but I did take a crack at my first frame in LDraw and I'd love any comments and suggestions. Thanks! (oh, and please disregard the hoses - they're going to connect the weapons to the piece on the back and I included them so I'd have the part numbers, but I haven't yet figured out how to use the hose design tool in LDraw.)

pubcrawler13
Newcomer

Re: new player!

Postby Mantisking » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Whoa! That looks cool.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby pubcrawler13 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:25 pm

Mantisking wrote:Whoa! That looks cool.

Thanks!
pubcrawler13
Newcomer

Postby The Trilobite » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:49 am

I really like the gritty, technical look of this. Back when Cameron had talent, this is the kind of thing he might have designed.

I also like that is has such a different look to what is typically seen for mechs. Really looking forward to more of your designs and, especially, to seeing photos of the little buggers in real life!
"What do you put on your head to see all this stuff?"
--Just one of many questions raised by Porcelain Llama Theater.

My Johari Window
The Trilobite
Grizzled Veteran

Postby pubcrawler13 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:24 pm

The Trilobite wrote:I really like the gritty, technical look of this. Back when Cameron had talent, this is the kind of thing he might have designed.

I also like that is has such a different look to what is typically seen for mechs. Really looking forward to more of your designs and, especially, to seeing photos of the little buggers in real life!

Thanks Trilobite - it's interesting that you mention Big Jim, because I originally set out to come out with something that had more of an industrial/military grunt type look to it, and one of the things I was thinking about was the power loader. I'll definitely get some photos up as soon as I can get the parts!
pubcrawler13
Newcomer

Return to Frame Designs