Giant Crab Mecha

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Giant Crab Mecha

Postby Mantisking » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:50 am

Normally I'd just add this in with the rest of my Crab Mecha designs but, since this is going to feature in a Minifig Scale game, I figured it needed its own space to be discussed.

MFS Crab Mecha, on Flickr.

Stats: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd (guns) d6B d6B (armor panels) d6W d6W.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Re: Giant Crab Mecha

Postby zeekhotep » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:58 am

Crawler, Recon Unit, Superior Target Yield.
Combat Ready Armor Battalion.

AKA the C.R.U.S.T.Y. C.R.A.B.
Last edited by zeekhotep on Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zeekhotep
Talkative

Postby darksyntax » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:55 pm

That's awesome! The upscaling results posted of late are pretty inspiring. I went the micro route with frames for IO, but haven't gone the minifig route yet for existing designs. With my Mixel builds I feel like I have some techniques to draw on now, but that'd mean getting my collection sorted and accessible... not sure where that time and space will come from.
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby Omega_Tahu » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:32 pm

I've been waiting for you to post this. It's a wonderful game piece, and pretty easy to build, while also not looking too bad. I'll probably end up using some myself.
The LF-D5 "Stub" is the top of the line in agriculture frames, designed to haul heavy farm equipment. It is also easy to repair, with standardized connections between all joints. Buy one today.

Also, it's also quite cute on the battlefield....
Omega_Tahu
Talkative

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:53 pm

I love how your crab, a versatile and easy to build classic frame, translates into a just as versatile and easy to build frame at this scale. The parts use on the legs is especially efficient, I could see myself giving this thing a shot in the future.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:44 am

darksyntax wrote:That's awesome!

Thanks!

darksyntax wrote:The upscaling results posted of late are pretty inspiring. I went the micro route with frames for IO, but haven't gone the minifig route yet for existing designs. With my Mixel builds I feel like I have some techniques to draw on now, but that'd mean getting my collection sorted and accessible... not sure where that time and space will come from.

I just moved so I know what that's like.

Omega_Tahu wrote:I've been waiting for you to post this. It's a wonderful game piece, and pretty easy to build, while also not looking too bad. I'll probably end up using some myself.

Can't wait to see what you do.

VitorFaria wrote:I love how your crab, a versatile and easy to build classic frame, translates into a just as versatile and easy to build frame at this scale.

Thank you.

VitorFaria wrote:The parts use on the legs is especially efficient, I could see myself giving this thing a shot in the future.

That leg design is actually the second version. I originally went with the Click Ball Joint but the Friction Pin ends were not tight enough and the legs kept slipping out of place if you moved it in any way.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:52 am

MFS Brawler Crab Mecha, on Flickr.

Stats: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh (flamers) d6B d6B (armor panels) d8G (no ranged weapons) d6W d6W.

I know it's been over a year since I last posted one of these but I figured time had come to get them documented.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:57 pm

Better late than never! Are we going to see nicer pics of the whole squad?
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:21 am

VitorFaria wrote:Better late than never! Are we going to see nicer pics of the whole squad?

You mean like this?

MFS Recon by Fire Crab Mecha, on Flickr.

Stats: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra (cannons) d6Y d6Y (antenna) d6W d6W.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Return to Frame Designs