Just some Random Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Just some Random Frames

Postby Artasid » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:21 pm

When Mantisking posted his Atlas frames (Link Atlas) it compelled me to make the BattleTech/MechWarrior equivalent. I'm a bit disappointed in this one, particularly the shoulders. Kinda looks like a fat Iron Man, but its the best I could do with what little parts I have left available. I'm gonna have to make another bricklink order soon.

ImageB.T. Atlas
B.T. Atlas: d6Ra d6Ra Gauss Rifle, d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Medium Lasers, d6B Heavy Plating.

Hope you enjoyed and I will continue my BattleTech/MechWarrior trend soon.
As always, I eagerly await any and all comments, suggestions, questions you may wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:15 am

Taking a break from BattleTech frames, I decided to try something a bit different. Not quite sure how my experimenting led to this, but I'm not at all disappointed.

ImageRandom Golem frame

I do not have a name or systems for this yet, but I like the direction it is heading :D

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:57 am

That turned out quite well, love the fingers!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:52 pm

Thanks VitorFaria, though I myself am more impressed with how I did the shoulders. The frame was begging for large hands, and that seemed to be the best I could do with what I have.

Sorry I have not updated in a while, I have been kinda engrossed in MWO lately, now that I have a computer that can properly run it. :) (Name is Artasid for anyone willing to add me to their friends list) Here's my newest BattleTech/MechWarrior based frames: The Javelin

ImageB.T. Javelins
YELLOW: d6Ra d6Ra ER Large Laser, d6B Armor Plates, d6Y Active Beagle Probe
RED: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual SRM's, d6Y Active Beagle Probe, d6G Jump Jets
PURPLE: d6Rh d6Rh Flamer, d6Y Active Beagle Probe, d6G Jump Jets, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

I really like these ones. I had them made in a way that the chest mounted systems could be easily detached due to damage or customizing without having to take apart the entire core using a bit of modularing (is that a word?). I recently placed a BrickLink order that will send me the pieces I need to make a coherent 5-man company of these. I'll post it in a separate thread once I get them built.

This next one is not based off BattleTech/MechWarrior. Just another random I threw together. This one specializes in midnight and lowlight operations were it can blend into the darkness and strike without warning. I apologize for the shotty quality of the picture, black pieces are so hard to make look right.

ImageBlack Rex
Black Rex: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Swarmer Missile Pods, d6Y Searchlight, d6G Rear Boosters.

I hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:41 pm

On a tangent, MWO isn't all that heavy, I run it on a budget laptop that doesn't even have a dedicated GPU.

Back on topic, those Javelins are great! Great implementation of chest mounted SRMs with the hollow studs!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby SamSam » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:54 pm

you make lot robots taht are red and black. Why? are they some team, or fverite colour?

Rex has big feet
SamSam
Chatty

Postby Artasid » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:46 am

VitorFaria wrote:On a tangent, MWO isn't all that heavy, I run it on a budget laptop that doesn't even have a dedicated GPU.

Previously, my computer was having issues with it's graphics card. Sometimes it would work, then all of a sudden, it wouldn't. I've had to restart my computer numerous times before it would behave, which was a real killer when trying to log into MWO. I now have a new computer and it is working quite well.

VitorFaria wrote:...those Javelins are great! Great implementation of chest mounted SRMs with the hollow studs!

The hollow studs seemed the most appropriate. If I had gone with solid pegs or even round tiles, most would look at it and say "That's armor detailing" The hollow pegs give off the illusion of missile tubes, which is what I was going for.

SamSam wrote:you make lot robots taht are red and black. Why? are they some team, or fverite colour?

A while back, I bought a LOT of copies of a single polybag (Batman in the Phantom Zone). It had some of the best parts for making frames. The side effect of buying so many of the same set is that you get a lot of pieces of the same color. I like the dark red and black color scheme, though it is not my favorite. It's just that I have so much of these colors that I need to use them up.

SamSam wrote:...Rex has big feet

Glad you noticed. Those feet were what actually inspired the build. They looked like they belong on a beastly frame. I've seen them used on frames before, and I wanted to try to make one of my own.

Here is my newest Battletech/MechWarrior inspired frame. The Archer!
ImageArcher and Mini Archer
Archers: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual LRM's, d6B Rear Defense Turret

When I first started this build, I ended up making the green one first. When next to a Chub, it seemed too small to give off the imposing stature that a 70 ton Heavy mech would. I then made the white one, trying to focus on size and impression. I think I succeeded, however, the green one is too cute to disreguard, so I added it.
As a bonus feature, they even have opening LRM panels

ImageMissiles Deployed

Hope you enjoyed and as always I eagerly await any and all comments, questions, threats, insults, or suggestions you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby spacemonkey » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:39 pm

The opening panels for the missile launchers are pretty sweet, Artasid.
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:21 pm

Sweet indeed!
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby SamSam » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:35 am

Opning plats for misssles should give anothr d6B
SamSam
Chatty

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:52 am

Wow you have been busy. Some really great designs here. The most recent ones that catch my attention are the Random Golem Frame. That design with the overhanging shoulders looks really cool, just a great concept. I love the black Rex it's a well put together compacted frame, awesome! And the white archer, especially the misses deployed pic, looks fantastic. Some really awesome work! Keep it up Dude :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:02 am

spacemonkey wrote:The opening panels for the missile launchers are pretty sweet, Artasid.

VitorFaria wrote:Sweet indeed!

KungFujiApple wrote:...And the white archer, especially the misses deployed pic, looks fantastic. Some really awesome work! Keep it up Dude :D

Thanks all. I know the opening panels don't add to the gameplay, it's just one of those little features I like to add to my builds every now and again.

SamSam wrote:Opning plats for misssles should give anothr d6B

I actually did not think of that. I may have to relook at the system loadout now. Thank you for pointing that out.

Well, it took me a while to get to it, but I finally got to make the Locust!
ImageMWO Locust
Locust: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd SRM's and Small Laser, d6G Jump Jets

My friend Tony asked me to make him a Locust when I first started to make BattleTech/MechWarrior inspired frames. For a while I was having some trouble getting the shaping right. I was going to try a copy of VitorFaria's Locust (Link) but I also wanted to try my own hand at making one. Not too sure about the legs though, I may have to try VitorFarias method.

I hope you enjoy and I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Amazing how small you made that thing, nice work!

My Locusts are ironically some of my tallest builds so far. :D
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:33 pm

I just recently made a lance company of Inner Sphere Light mechs, (Here B.T. Light Lance) But I am still working on other BattleTech/MechWarrior based frames. Here's my newest Clan mech, the Puma! (Clan name Adder)

ImagePuma
Puma: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual ER Clan PPC's, d6B Armor Plate

This is such a simple build, which is fitting since it too is a Light class mech. I had fun with it.

ImageClapper on the Barbie!

Hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:47 am

Great use of those 2x4 inverted slopes, and those cannon arms are interesting, they are more poseable than they look!
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:08 am

VitorFaria wrote:....and those cannon arms are interesting, they are more poseable than they look!

I agree. Pretty cool build, has a very classic mech feel :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:49 am

Thanks guys. The Puma was such a simple build, it's hard to get it wrong lol

This will most likely be my last of the BattleTech/MechWarrior themed frames I build for a while. kinda getting low on inspiration, though I do have some other random ideas that I might pursue. This one is of the Bushwacker.

ImageB.T. Bushwacker
Bushwacker: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual LRM's, d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Lasers

I've been getting a lot of tan colors lately and I almost feel I should add this to the SandRippers company, but since it's BattleTech/MechWarrior based, I figured it would be best to keep it separate.

Hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments you may wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:12 am

Artasid wrote:This will most likely be my last of the BattleTech/MechWarrior themed frames I build for a while. kinda getting low on inspiration, though I do have some other random ideas that I might pursue.

Well what a ride it has been! You made some really great stuff from a really cool and fitting theme. And from a cool person at that ;)

The Bushwacker is looking pretty cool, what a nice one to end on for the time being :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby VitorFaria » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:12 pm

Woah, such an amazingly shaped torso, excellent work, Artasid!
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby SamSam » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:24 pm

Yu are Not Done with m ech robots! next do madcat. or Awesum, or Axemen. Yes, do Axemen next!
SamSam
Chatty

PreviousNext

Return to Frame Designs